It’s October, and in many of the Northern Hemisphere (Florida excluded) meaning it’s Fall. Winds are blowing, leaves are falling, temps are dropping, and folk are beginning to get into the altering of the seasons.
Which means mums and pumpkins.
Lots and heaps of pumpkins.
The yearly pumpkin craze is a big phenomenon, so in fact I’m gonna give y’all a pumpkin recipe to whet your pumpkiny appetites this month. Make certain you file it away for Thanksgiving time!
My daughter really named this recipe. Technically, it’s a ketofied riff on the traditional Pumpkin Crunch bars, which incorporates a pumpkin custard base on backside, and boxed cake combine plus nuts on prime. With some acceptable ingredient swaps it was a reasonably simple dish to recreate in a pleasant format.
Once my girly acquired a pleasant chunk of the completed product, she instantly declared it’s precisely like Pumpkin Pie, however the other way up. And she’s acquired a degree. The custard base is sort of equivalent to what I exploit in my circle of relatives pie recipe, and with the cakey, nutty crust on prime, it occurred to me that her statement was just about useless on. Hence the title.
- 7 oz (198 g) fantastic almond flour (I exploit King Arthur model)
- 2 scoops (0.7 oz/ 20 g) powdered collagen peptides, plain
- 7 oz (198 g) Swerve granular (or comparable), divided
- pinch sea salt
- 1 (15 oz/ 439 g) can pumpkin purée (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 c (12 fl oz/ 355 ml) heavy cream
- 3 massive eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 20 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 oz (43 g) pecan items, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 oz (43 g) walnut items, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks (8 oz/ 227 g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 levels F and put together a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir collectively the almond flour, collagen peptides, pinch salt, and half the Swerve (3 1/2 oz weight). Mix properly so all elements are properly distributed and put aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk collectively pumpkin, heavy cream, eggs, the remaining half (3 1/2 oz weight) Swerve, liquid stevia, vanilla, salt, and pumpkin pie spice till properly mixed and all of the sweetener is dissolved into the combination.
- Spread the pumpkin combination evenly within the backside of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the highest of the pumpkin with the almond flour combination till it’s properly and evenly lined.
- Sprinkle the pecans and walnuts excessive of the almond flour combination, then drizzle the melted butter evenly over your complete combination.
- Bake at 350 levels F for 50-60 minutes, till the highest is golden and appears set. It will nonetheless be somewhat jiggly while you take away it from the oven, and that’s OK.
- Let the baked dish stand to chill for 15-20 minutes, then cowl properly and refrigerate till utterly chilled and set. This might be a minimal of 4 hours.
- Slice into 32 squares and serve, as desired. Store in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Per each 1 bar (1/32 of recipe): 158 cals, 3.3 g protein, 15.3 g fats, 9.4 g carbs, 1.2 g fiber, 6 g sugar alcohols, 2 g NET carbs
Keywords: Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Crunch Bars, Upside Down Pumpkin Pie, pumpkin spice